|Season 1, Episode 13|
|Air Date||October 12, 2014|
|Written By||Carlton Cuse & Chuck Hogan|
|Directed By||Phil Abraham|
| ← previous|
For Services Rendered
| next →|
| Corey Stoll as Ephraim Goodweather|
David Bradley as Abraham Setrakian
Mia Maestro as Nora Martinez
Kevin Durand as Vasiliy Fet*
Jonathan Hyde as Eldritch Palmer
Richard Sammel as Thomas Eichhorst
Sean Astin as Jim Kent
Jack Kesy as Gabriel Bolivar
Natalie Brown as Kelly Goodweather
Miguel Gomez as Augustin Elizalde
Ben Hyland as Zach Goodweather
Think of this as another test for your everlasting devotion. Eichorst to Palmer
- Eldritch Palmer: I want all this boxed up - and brought back to my office.
- Mr. Fitzwilliam: Right away, sir.
- Eldritch Palmer: [seeing a decapitated body] That can stay.
- Eldritch Palmer: Bring the car around. Contact Eichhorst.
- Mr. Fitzwilliam: No, sir.
- Eldritch Palmer: Excuse me?
- Mr. Fitzwilliam: Won't do it. Not anymore. When people called you cruel and selfish, I defended you. I said they didn't know you as I know you. Then Eichhorst showed up and his ilk, and I told myself it was them, manipulating you, warping your judgement. I was wrong.
- Eldritch Palmer: You've been by my side the entire time.
- Mr. Fitzwilliam: Yes, I am complicit, because I served you loyally.
- Eldritch Palmer: This is the part where the whore declares herself a virgin.
- Mr. Fitzwilliam: You made a devil's bargain. You pulled me into it with you. Your sudden resurrection is an affront to nature and to God.
- Eldritch Palmer: What a load of horse shit! You self-righteous son of a bitch! How dare you defy me!
- Mr. Fitzwilliam: Part of me thinks I should kill you right now, restore the natural order of things. But I can't. Not after all you did for me. Consider my debt to you paid in full. Never come after me.
- Eldritch Palmer: You fool! Deserting me when we're on the verge of triumph! Where will you go? What will you do without me to protect you?
- Mr. Fitzwilliam: The question is, sir, what will you do without me to protect you?
- Vasily Fet: Fire in the hole, vermin!
- Vaun: An ancient truce has been broken. An act of war has been declared. We need a human soldier, who can move freely in the daylight. Someone who can use the power of the sun to massacre the unclean.
- Augustin "Gus" Elizalde: You know what it sounds like to me? Sounds like you got a vampire turf war going on.
- Vaun: You have proven yourself capable.
- Augustin "Gus" Elizalde: Why should I help them? Or you?
- Vaun: Payback. And a rich payday.
- Augustin "Gus" Elizalde: I'm listening.
- Ephraim: I'd appreciate it if you let me decide what I want to tell my own son.
- Setrakian: Sheltering him will ultimately only make things worse.He needs to know the truth. The whole truth. Including what happened to his mother.
- Ephraim:That's not your decision to make. Keep your mouth shut.
This is the heart of one who has been turned. I thought it would make a nicely ironic addition my collection of my own failed organs. Palmer to FitzWilliam
- Palmer:You've been by my side the entire time.
- FitzWilliam: Yes, I am complicit, because I served you loyally.
- Palmer: This is the part where the whore declares herself a virgin.
- FitzWilliam: You made a devil's bargain. You pulled me into it with you. Your sudden resurrection is an affront to nature and to God.
"The secret to all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious." Marcus Aurelius as quoted by Vasiliy Fet
Where I grew up, people disappeared in the middle of the night.You do not have the luxury of choice anymore. All we can do now is fight. If you want to protect Zach, just... keep him by your side. Always. And we'll see this thing through Nora to Ephraim (This is an allusion to the Argentian "Dirty War ", where the ruling right-wing party engaged in massive arrests of anyone with "subversive" Communist leanings)
- Pierson: Every bridge and turnpike. Shut down all the airports, the ferries, tunnels. Nothing gets through. Barnes: Something always gets through.
- Pierson:We're gonna need every National Guard unit in the Northeast.-- Eldritch! What are you doing here?
- Palmer:Preventing you from making a grave mistake, Maggie. Now, Maggie...
- Pierson: Eldritch, someone has lied to you. Either that, or you've been less than truthful with me. Palmer: You think I lied to you? Whatever happened, the situation was misrepresented. Pierson: Now, I have a call in one hour with the President. I am strongly recommending that he declare martial law in New York City and order a complete quarantine.
- Palmer: You're panicking, Maggie. It will mean the end of your career.
- Pierson:My career? Human beings are being converted into these horrible monsters! We have absolute proof. I know it sounds preposterous.
- Palmer: Preposterous, indeed.
- Pierson:At the end of the day, Eldritch, my loyalty is to the American people, not to you. I'm sorry. Palmer: Maggie, could you and I have a private talk?
- Eichorst: Oh, looks like the conversation's coming to an end.
- Barnes: Oh, my God! Maggie... Oh, my God!
- Eichorst:And this one?
- Palmer: Dr. Barnes, do you have any thoughts on how to deal with this so-called crisis?
- Barnes:Crisis? What crisis?
- Palmer: Well, say you were promoted to Secretary of Health and Human Services in the wake of Maggie's tragic suicide, what do you think should be done?
- Barnes: I think we should stay the course. That is, if you want.
- Palmer: Now, if I remember correctly, Dr. Goodweather worked under you at the CDC, did he not? Barnes: Goodweather went rogue. I told him to lay off. I got him fired. I had him arrested by the FBI. I did everything I could do to stop him.
- Palmer: I think we'll keep him.
Since the beginning of creation, boys have hunted beside their fathers. Setrakian to Ephraim
- Quinlan:An ancient truce has been broken. An act of war has been declared.We need a human soldier, who can move freely in the daylight. Someone who can use the power of the sun to massacre the unclean.
- Elizade:You know what it sounds like to me? Sounds like you got a vampire turf war going on.
- Quinlan:You have proven yourself capable.
Too long I've lived, too much I've seen.This planet, our host, once so wild and unknown; we've mapped it, paved it, arranged it on a grid, never imagining that something else was watching us, a creature even more ruthless and predacious than we are, eager to exploit the very infrastructure we so obligingly arranged. Is the war already lost? Are we destined to be cattle for monsters? Or, now that the enemy has finally shown his face, do we have a fighting chance? The world today is not what it was one week ago. What will it be one week from now? One month from now? Nothing is written that cannot be changed. It is a small world, after all. We made it that way. Setrakian
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20141009143212/http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com:80/2014/10/07/sunday-cable-ratings-mlb-baseball-tops-night-the-strain-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-alaska-the-last-frontier-more/311500/