|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air Date||July 20, 2014|
|Written By||David Weddle & Bradley Thompson|
|Directed By||David Semel|
| ← previous|
| next →|
| Corey Stoll as Ephraim Goodweather|
David Bradley as Abraham Setrakian
Mia Maestro as Nora Martinez
Kevin Durand as Vasiliy Fet*
Jonathan Hyde as Eldritch Palmer
Richard Sammel as Thomas Eichhorst
Sean Astin as Jim Kent
Jack Kesy as Gabriel Bolivar
Natalie Brown as Kelly Goodweather
Miguel Gomez as Augustin Elizalde
Ben Hyland as Zach Goodweather
The four survivors begin manifesting strange symptoms, but Eph and Nora's attempt to quarantine them is thwarted as the disinformation campaign begins. Meanwhile, in jail, Setrakian receives a surprise visit from an old - a very old - acquaintance.
- Thomas Eichhorst: The great game is over, Jew.
- Abraham Setrakian: Not while I still breathe.
- Thomas Eichhorst: Amazing. Despite all evidence to the contrary, you cling to the delusion that you will prevail. Don't tell me you still believe in that God of yours. So where is He? Why has He done nothing? Face the truth. He is nothing but a figment of your imagination. Your arrest report says you were apprehended with an antique sword. Is it Sardu's?
- Abraham Setrakian: Don't worry. I will give it back to your Master in due time.
- Ephraim Goodweather: Hi, my name's Eph. I'm an alcoholic. I've been sober one year and eleven days. I'm in therapy. Learning about myself. It's a journey of discovery. Uh, I'm passive-aggressive and actively aggressive, which is a rare combination, I'm told. Let's see, what else? I'm controlling. I'm self-centered. I'm emotionally distant for my family. Oh, and the greatest sin of all: I love my work. But I'm taking it all in, you know, I'm owning it. And it's really making a difference. My wife's divorcing me, and screwing this new dude in my bed. In my house, on which I'm still making payments. There I go again, right, Richard? My sponsor says that I use sarcasm to avoid my real feelings, that if I truly loved Kelly, I would be happy for her, I wouldn't resent her. I'm trying, Richard. But it is a very steep hill.
- Thomas Eichhorst: The sun has fallen. You are very fortunate, Mr. Palmer. He has chosen you to bear witness to his glory. Welcome to the New World.
- [Palmer averts his eyes from the Master]
- The Master: You brought me all the way here. Aren't you going to look at me?
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20141011182744/http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/22/sunday-cable-ratings-true-blood-wins-night-the-last-ship-the-strain-witches-of-east-end-ray-donovan-more/284905/