|The Battle for Red Hook|
|Season 2, Episode 9|
|Air Date||September 6, 2015|
|Written By||Regina Corrado|
|Directed By||Kevin Dowling|
| ← previous|
| next →|
| Corey Stoll as Ephraim Goodweather
Mia Maestro as Nora Martinez
After Kelly's attack on the hideout, Setrakian is convinced that it is only a matter of time before another Strigoi attack takes place. Eph and Setrakian, as a result, set out to warn Councilwoman Feraldo and her team.
Meanwhile, Eichhorst, Kelly, and a band of Strigoi are on a ferry across the river from Manhattan, aiming for a power station. There, they will shut down the power grid, turning off every UV light, allowing Strigoi to invade Red Hook. During the invasion, Mayor Lyle flees, leaving Councilwoman Feraldo behind to handle the situation. She begins to give up, seeing the situation as hopeless, but then, after a boost of confidence from a police offer, refuses to back down. She rallies Red Hook's citizens, convincing them to fight the oncoming Strigoi, which threaten their homes, families, and very lives.
Nikki and Dutch argue about their relationship, which quickly takes a passionate, romantic turn. Afterwards, Dutch decides to join the battle in Red Hook, fighting off the Strigoi invasion, against Nikki's wants. Dutch comes close to being infected, but at that moment, Nikki shows up to help with the fight, saving Dutch from the Strigoi.
Fet and Nora manage to restore the power grid to Red Hook, resulting in the UV lights burning the Strigoi invaders to death.
Kelly tries to kidnap Zach again, but her attempt is thwarted once more when Fet fights her off.
Eichhorst heads to Fet's hideout, intending to confront Setrakian and settle their decades long feud. When he arrives, he finds Setrakian waiting for him, and he attacks. Eph interrupts Eichhorst, diverting his attention away from Setrakian. Eichhorst pursues Eph to the rooftop, where Eph is trapped. Eichhorst then makes an attempt to turn Eph, but is prevented from doing so when Setrakian fires a barrage of silver bullets at him, causing him to flee.
Later, Councilwoman Feraldo declares the battle for Red Hook a victory in the war against the Strigoi pandemic.
- Kelly Goodweather: Why do I still feel pain?
- Thomas Eichhorst: It took a few years for pain to subside. Be patient.
- Abraham Setrakian: Remaining human at all costs is very important, even when dealing with murderers.
- Ephraim Goodweather: Is that your bit of grandfatherly advice for the day?
- Abraham Setrakian: Merely a warning from someone who has lived among monsters.
- Thomas Eichhorst: You have too much faith in that sword.
- Abraham Setrakian: If you're so eager to drink me, why do you stand there flapping your lips?
- Thomas Eichhorst: [as he stalks Ephraim] Goodweather. I'll wager that's not your family's original name. What country did your people immigrate from? Poland? Ukraine? Latvia? What was their original name? Goldstein? Gotlieb? I can smell your sweat. Same stench as the old man's. Bitter. Brackish. Like the Dead Sea. That sound takes me back the satisfying crack of a Mauser K98. The Master allows me to share Kelly's thoughts, her memories. I must say, many of those about you are most unpleasant your ambivalence about having a child, for instance. How selfishly you anguished over this, even after Kelly was pregnant. Her desire for Zack is strong. It will be very interesting to see whose desire for your son is stronger after I've turned you.