Outstanding Stills:Read more >
This scene clip shows Vasily recruiting new members for a resistance movement against the partnership
Read more >
It is more of a repurposing of an old clip:
Outstanding Stills:Read more >
Another glimpse into the post-apocalyptic future:Read more >
A few stills from the new trailer:Read more >
Since the final season is a bit more than a month away, I thought it was a bit apropos to review the pivotal scene of the last season. It starts of with Zac saying to his father " I hate you". In case the scene goes by a little too fast, I have added a time-lapse photographic treatment of the video
PS:Read more >
This is actually the first promo that came out for the season:
It seems to have the format of a Public Service Announcement (PSA) concerning "The Partnership" initiative which is carried out in Eldritch Palmer Freedom Centers. Apparently the PSA employs the use of subliminal messages as can be seen in the following stills.Read more >
Another promo came out just recently:
Dutch seems to assisting someone in labor. The patient is undergoing a Cesarean or C-section, that is her womb is cut open slightly, to remove the child. This is usually done as a measure of last resort.
Anyway, this is the transcript of the segment:
- Surgeon: Your going to feel a slight pull.
- Dutch Velders: Just keep breathing.
- Surgeon: Here she comes -- its all right
- Patient: I want to see ...
- Dutch Velders: [unintelligible]
[Soundtrack "I am the lucky one...that's me"]
Here are a few snapshots from the end of the promo, that may have gone by too fast:
It you look closely Sanjay Desai is actually alive and in the background. Also, take a look at Dutch's face, as it turns from concern to disgust ( or even horror…
Read more >
This promo came out just recently:
It seems that our compatriot "Dutch" has been "brainwashed", and she may have under the knife. If you look closely, you can see a blue surgical drape covering her lower extremities.
The disembodied voice states:
" A partnership will benefit every living creature on this planet. There will be no more violence, no crime. This is the future my friends, and it is a bright one".Read more >
I saw this image in Season 2 Episode 8 Intruders. Apparently, St Benedict is serving as a stand-in for St Patrick Cathedral, which is suppose to be at that particular location in Midtown. If you happen to know the location of this exact church, either in New York City or Toronto (or wherever), please drop me a line by leaving a comment on the bottom or on my message wall. Thanks!
Read more >
PS: Another clue, there is a clock tower on the right hand side.
(Reposting of Lostspartan009 blog entry due to clerical error )
Read more >
I was wondering if Mr. Quinlan's blood contains the white's healing properties like that of the Master but without the addictive nature and the need to be re-administered. I would think he has healing blood because he can heal from almost anything. And do the normal vampires have healing worms (/ blood) ,we see that Abe can take there worms and make his (vigor) eye drops from them, and with that I assume that the ancients can do same that the master can do.
It has come to my attention that Gta5aseacar457, who might I say is a very prolific contributor to our site, is also an amateur artist. His talent was recently spotted by Paulino Nunes, instagram handle @paulinocmnunes , known for his role as Frank Kowalski on The Strain. So much so, that he even wanted a copy of it. Please take a look for your selves at this thread , and please feel free to leave any adulation on this post or Gtaaseacar457 wallRead more >
This just came in across the wire, according to this TV Line article, the Strain has been renewed for a final season in 2017. Given this distressing news, please feel free to leave a commentRead more >
Take a look at a scene from last season, the ninth episode entitled "Battle for Red Hook"
- Policeman #1: Pair it up guys!
- Frank Kowalski: Let's get a firing line, right up front
- Justine Feraldo: Give me a gun.
- (Receives an M-4 rifle)
- Frank Kowalski: You shot one of these things before?
- Justine Feraldo: I'm a quick study.
- Ephraim Goodweather: Line up the sights, aim, squeeze the trigger.
- Frank Kowalski: Wrap your hand around the pistol grip, you flick off the safety. Get a stable body position. Shoulder the stock. Put the red dot on their heads. If they're moving fast, you lead them. Squeeze gently, and repeat.
- Ephraim Goodweather: What he said.
- Frank Kowalski: Let's get some flares out there.
- Policeman #2: Safeties off! - Where the hell did the…
Read more >
The FX network just posted on their website,a premiere episode of the ten part companion web series, The Strain: Under Siege. It may just be for American audiences only, if that is the case you have my sincere apologies. Regardless, I have uploaded a few snapshots of the first episode.Read more >
I just saw this piece in playboy, and if anybody asks you can truely say you just look at playboy for the articles only.Read more >
Fandom just released a new article on the mythology surrounding the Vampire .Read more >
I was able to find a variation of the credit sequence and placed it on the siteRead more >
Entertainment Weekly just released the new credit sequence to the third season of "The Strain", be sure to look into the matter as soon as you canRead more >
I just ran into this old promo for season 2, which will rev you up for season 3
- Eldritch Palmer : We are in a very serious crisis and certain things have to get done.
- Coco Marchand : I don't need to be kept out of it
- Eldritch Palmer : Trust Me ! You Do !
- Justine Feraldo : We are going to take back this island one block at a time.
- Ephraim Goodweather: If we find a weak link in the vampire biology...
- Nora Martinez : We infect the infected.
- Abraham Setrakian : I vow to hunt the master to the day I die. If today is that day so be it.
- Thomas Eichorst : Our Master is about to undergo a wondrous transformation.... If you only knew what was to come.
Eichorst just issued a new videoclip. He recommands that you join soon or "else".
- Immediately resistant to any known human diseases
- Happy living in the dirt, underground, possibly even in the sewer.
- Won't spend much time washing or scrubbing, genitalia because you will not have any.
- Will not have to worry about a job, wife or mortgage, because it does not matter
Join the Master now, because any other choice will be irrelevant
- Total lost of sentient thought
- Hair loss
- You will always have worms
- Must drink blood to live
- Will grow six foot long retractable tongue
- Exposure to silver will cause death
- Exposure to sunlight will cause death
- No genitals, but you will poop ammonia
If you enjoy this video, be sure to check out Thomas Eichorst Post-Apoc…
Read more >
So I was watching the Season 3 trailer entitled "Fear" and I noticed that there were too many quick cuts.
For conveinence sakes, I created a slideshow for the video, so you could appreciated some of the stills.
- Narrator (Off-screen): It's been twenty-three days since the world as we knew it, cease to exist
- Abraham Setrakian: Denial, Fear, and Confusion reigns supreme. Paranoia has reached every corner of the globe.
- Vasily Fet: If we have any hope of defeating this plague, it has to happen now or never.
(Marilyn Manson's "Warship My Neck" playing)
Scars on my fingers, bruises on my neck Crashin' my chains, warship my wreckRead more >
It looks like the top brass of "The Strain" have found a new way to get our attention The way it is setup, is that after collaborating with David Bradley, Kevin Durand suggest to Carleton Cuse, to replace the Recap Sequence with a music video.
The highlights of the clip are the following:
- 40 s - Exploration of Dutch's sexual flexibility.
- 1:17 - "Previously on the Strain" by Carleton Cuse
- 1:30 - Cuse's rejoinder to Bradley's question on need of said sequence
- 1:43 - Music Begins
- 2:38 - Professor Setrakian and his lady friends of the night
- 2:58 - Introduction of Miguel Gomez's character Gus
- 3:01 - Raining Cash
- 3:55 - Setrakian's Homily *
- 4:51 - Cuse's response to Durand's proposition
- Setrakian's Homily: New York City is in pain. The Feral, the Foul, …
Read more >
FX has just released a new spot for the third season of the Strain. Some of the cast reveal that the vampire plague is a global problem which has spread in a matter of weeks. Apparently, this generation of vampires are faster, better and smarter than the one before, and our team is having trouble coping with an enemy which seems to proliferate at such an exponential rate that it can no longer be contained.Read more >
Greetings fellow Strain Addicts, I have recently added several new promos for the six season, be sure to check out the video section:
http://the-strain.wikia.com/wiki/File:The_Strain_Season_3_%22Sighting%22_Promo_(HD)Read more >
In the United States, there was a documentary that was aired called: "Secrets of the Dead: Vampire Legend". It explores the the evolution of Vampire Lore throughout the ages, and the historical truth to these legends. If you want to deepen your understanding of the show before the premiere, I recommend that if you have an opportunity, please see it at your earliest conveinence.Read more >
According to this MSN video , the first season of the Strain are based on the first novel & the last four seasons will be based on the last two novels. Furthermore, while the first two season were 13 episodes long, the last three will only have 10 episodes each.Read more >
I'm new in this wiki. A month ago the strain started in Germany with the first episode. As a fan of horrormovies, books and creepypastas (an internetphenomenon/creepy horror shortstories, similar to urban legdens) I had to watch it and it absolutly blow my mind. I watched six episodes during the last two days. I just finished watching the 10th episode of the first season. There are lots of things that I really like about this show.
I found out that there are some books and comics, so my question is now:
Is the TV show about the books or the comics? I really would like to read the story too. So do I have to buy the comics or the books or both?
Maybe someone likes to discuss with me about the show. I will check the wiki chat sometim…Read more >
Below is some HTML code made for The Strain wiki:This article may contain spoilers!
To use, copy and paste the code below where you want it.
Note: Sorry, the style does not seem to be visible on mobiles.Read more >
The Strain Season One:
Out On Blu-ray & DVD December 2nd!
Searching for the perfect holiday stocking-stuffer?
Look no further, 'Strain fans! Tomorrow (Dec. 2) marks the release of season 1 on Blu-ray & DVD!
Experience the first season of TV’s hottest, most blood-curdling sci-fi series – from Executive Producers-Writers Guillermo Del Toro, Carlton Cuse and Chuck Hogan – along with behind-the-scenes special features that explore the story’s journey from bestselling novel to hit show.
When a freak virus kills all but four passengers on an airplane at JFK, Ephraim Goodweather (Corey Stoll), head of the Center for Disease Control’s “Canary Team,” is immediately called to the scene. With help from a mysterious Holocaust survivor (David Bradley), “Ep…
Read more >
It would be nice if someone could post a map with pinpointed locations of the sites described in the books and series, e.g.
The Pawn Shop
CDC Canary OfficesRead more >